Have you ever found yourself in a situation whereby you want to receive some important documents in your computer but the free space available is too small? Well, if you are a huge movie fan, you have definitely at least once or twice had your pc full and unable to receive more movies which you want very badly.
For you, the office worker, you have had some documents in your home computer and you need to take them to the office. There is no way you are carrying that home desktop to the office.
In both this instances, what you need are the best cheap external hard drives. It works wonders in easing all your previous frustrations over running out of space or being unable to transport large and important documents.
More often than not, the challenge is not realizing that you need an external hard drive. But on identifying the best and at the same time affordable external hard drive.
Worry not. The problem will be as good as solved by time you read the last word of this review. I am going to reveal to you the best 6 affordable external hard drives. Definitely the best.
Best Cheap External Hard Drives
1. Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive
The docking station of the Sabrent EC-DFLT SATA has support for the insertion of desktop 2.5”/3.5” SATA Hard Drives directly. This solution is case less thereby making the swapping of hard drives very easy.
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) for also Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive Lay-FI
- Able to support every 2.5 and 3.5 – inch SATA drives up to EC-DFLT
- Serial ATA bus up to 6 Gb per second Signal bandwidth for 819921011572
- Connection is through SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- Nice and simple
- Very fast
- An excellent mostly plastic case
- Case requires ventilation slots
2. Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0
The Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive solves your problem when it comes to instant addition of storage space on your computer. It immediately start receiving files. How amazing is that!
Installation of this particular Expansion portable hard drive is just a matter of plugging in of a single USB cord. Easy, will you not agree?
One of your problems was lack of enough space to store movies or even photos. This is where the problem is totally wiped out. This Expansion portable hard drive offers adequate storage of data for;
- A maximum of 320,000 digital photos
- A maximum of 1000 hours of digital video
- A maximum of 16,660 hours of digital music
- A maximum of 250 DVD films that are 2 hours each
- It is USB powered
- Data transfer is very fast with USB 3.0 connectivity
- Files are just drugged and dropped to save right out of the box
- Warranty is only for one year
3. Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB Portable Hard Drive – Black
Still complaining on unavailability of adequate space on your computer? Toshiba Canvio Basics 1 TB Portable Hard Drive is here for you. The black one, more specifically. It is arguably one of the easiest way out there to increase the storage of your computer.
It offers storage solutions that are very simple. Right out of the box. How easy is it to use this Canvio Basics 1 TB portable Hard Drive? You will hardly believe how easy it is to use. Get it from me that all that is required is just to plug and play. Yes. That easy. No software installation is necessary in this hard drive.
Connection of the hard drive to the USB port of your computer is all that is necessary. Very portable.
- 1 TB capacity
- USB 3.1 interface
- 2.5” form factor
- Works excellently on Mac OS
- Reliable and affordable
- Easy to use
- It may not plug and play in some PC such as HP Pavilion G6 Notebook
- Drive’s plastic chassis is shoddy
4. WB 1TB Black My Passport Ultra-Portable External Hard Drive – 3.0
This is one of the most compact storage device that you may come across. Am glad you realized the word, ‘compact’. Yes it can offer you storage capacity of up to 3TB. That is just but the tip of the ice berg. Wait till you learn of other cool things about it.
This drive can fit perfectly your style. It is available in a variety of colors and also in mix and match. Does it get any better than this? The WD software for backup is very easy to use. Additionally, you can be able to encrypt the drive thereby protecting your data.
This is just what you have been looking for if you want a storage device that is compact and offering a large storage space.
- Hardware encryption
- Automatic backup NTTS formatted
- 5.0 Gbps
- WD Security
- 3TB storage space
- Variety of colors to choose from
- Hardware encryption and software backup
- New drive version is slower than the earlier
- Image wont backup based on real time changes
5. Transcend 1 TB StoreJet M3 Military Drop Tested USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
This external hard drive is just amazing. It has qualities that will make you order it online now. Such qualities include;
· Advanced internal hard drive suspension system
· Has a button for auto-backup
· Has outer anti-shock rubber case
· SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant
Military-grade shock resistance
- 2.5” SATA HDD Storage Media
- 10 min power-saving mode
- USB DC 5V
- Connection interface is backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Very easy to use
- Ideal fore students and people who are busy
- Speed of file transfer is high
- Rubber casing gives good grip
- Performance is not so efficient with USB 2.0
6. Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Armor A60 Shockproof/ Water-Resistant 2.5 –Inch USB 3.0
The Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Armor A60 Shockproof/ Water-Resistant 2.5-inch USB 3.0 is rugged in appearance as the product name itself suggests. This is the ideal package for you if travelling is your thing.
It is ideal for travel since it is military-grade shockproof as well as it being anti-slip and water resistant.
- Completely water resistant
- Nice grip especially outdoor as a result of the rubber case
- Anti-scratch screen
- SP widget
- Anti-slip casing
- Available in 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB and 4TB
- Data protection even in wet environment due to its water resistant feature
- Works well with Xbox One
- Computer may stop recognizing the drive
- It is not resistant to pressure
You are looking to buy not just any external hard drive. This ‘just any’ will only add more frustrations to you rather than offer a solution. Take your time and go for the best external hard drive. It should also be cost friendly to you.