How would you like it if I told that I have been trolling the internet for hours on end looking for the best budget speakers and I just found some that I am sure you will like? Well, that is exactly what I did. I went online and I checked for the best just for the purpose of availing them to you.
The thing about electronics is that most people think they are basically the same but we know they are not. In the world of electronic nuts like myself, we take care to pick only the best from a myriad of others, we test and we critique and compare.
When it comes to electronics, I consider myself a bit of a self-taught expert. Am what you call a nerd/geek and this is my territory. So, welcome and make yourself cozy as I take you through the top ten of the best budget computer speakers.
The Things You Should Consider Before Buying a Speaker
1. The Maker
This matters because some of them are known for making speakers that cannot be classified as the best. Some have been around long enough and can deliver what consumers want. So, pick the best brand first.
2. The Features
These are the specifications and the things that the speaker is purporting to offer and you should check them out before you go to buy any electronic device. They will tell you if it’s the one that you want. Also, this way you can make sure that you are getting exactly what you want.
3. The price Tag and The Quality
You may find a very cheap speaker that looks god on the cover only to find that it is a piece of junk that won’t work. That is why you need to look at the price tags and the warranties. To make sure that you get the best, know what you want and see if it has been time tested.
4. Check The Reviews
For example, this one that you are reading right now is an example of a comprehensive review. They will tell you what you need to know. I have even ranked them and told you their specifications making it easy for you to pick what you want.
Best Budget Computer Speakers
1. AmazonBasics USB Powered Computer Speakers
These utilitarian style speakers have been made for durability with a wire mesh that covers their front to protect them from the possible impact. They have a relatively long cable allowing you to place them on your desk in a fashion and position you will like.
This speaker draws power from the USB but does not support digital audio input. These speakers draw low power meaning that the sound does not have a woofer quality and if you turn the volume up too high, they distort.
- They use very little power and can be hooked up to tablets, iPads and iPhones
- They are much better than the in-built speakers your computer has
- They are portable and very light and can be carried with ease
- They have long cable that allow for placement wherever you like for better sound
- The sound distorts at high volume and the cable may be too much clutter on your desk
2. Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices
This one is made with a 3.5mm jack that you can connect anytime that you want and play that music. This makes them convenient and easy to use. They support several systems including Windows, Mac, OS computers, Smartphones and pretty much anything.
When you increase the volume on this one, it won’t get distorted or buzzed. With the multiple plug features, you can get in two devices playing simultaneously.
- The cables are not a problem and wont clutter your desk
- The sound is great even at high volumes
- The bass is discernible unlike other speakers that just chirp
- The prices are great
- It comes in just two colors. If you are looking for custom colors, you won’t find any
3. Logitech 3.5mm Jack Compact Laptop Speakers Z130
Just from the first glance, you can tell that these speakers are stylish and very sleek. Their sound is well toned and balanced to get the ambience just right. The give off a strong bass that amazes and the front port that gives off the extra bass will just blow you away.
If you are looking for great entertainment with your laptop computer, these are the ones to go for. The controls are easy to access and can be used to control the sound quality. The god thing with this one is that it is like earphone sand can be used on any device with a 3.5mm jack.
- It has great sound quality
- The is s 2 year warranty that ensures you are covered
- The controls make it easy to use this speaker
- It has a design that makes it easy to carry because its lightweight
- When you take the volume high up, it sounds like screeching
4. Altec Lansing BXR1220 2-piece Desktop Speaker System
This one has inbuilt controls that allow for an easy plug and play function that takes this to a whole new level. It has what is called the audio alignment technology that allows you to have optimized sound quality.
These are there to enable you balance the drivers and manipulate the sound to make it sound better. The dial that is on top of the satellite gives you control over the volume. The power comes from your ports and will not need you to have an extension for this
- The sound is great
- The controls and drivers technology make the sound better
- It uses very low power
- The speakers are made for entertainment
- They are not very sleek and their design is a bit irregular
5. Satechi Dual Sonic Speaker 2.0 Channel Computer Speakers
If you are looking for speakers that take up very low desk space while giving you the full experience, then these are for you. They are USB powered and have an inline control; that allows you access to instant volume change.
They are built to be portable because of their almost cylindrical design which makes it great if you wish to tote them around.
- They have a padded base that gives them a grip on smooth surfaces
- The in-line volume control is very convenient if you want to change the volume
- They have a bright blue LED light that light up so nicely making them fun to look at
- They don’t have the crackle that accompanies most of speakers this size
- If you are looking for a total theater experience, these may not work so great for you.
6. Cyber Acoustics 2.1 Computer Speaker with Sub-Woofer
This elegant and really powerful speaker will give you the ultimate experience of sound at its best. The sub woofer makes for great listening without cutting back on the bass. They are built to do all that and still take up as little as possible of your desk space.
They have a separate control pod that allows you to turn the speaker on and off according to how you want it. The satellite volume is easily changed via the pod. The bass can be increased to balance out and be as you want it.
- The bass on this one is not to be trifled with
- The pod that allows for remote control is convenient
- The magnetically shielded speakers will bring the roof down
- The headphone jack allows for use with most devices
- Due to the size and power that it draw, it has a separate cable for direct power from the socket
7. Logitech Speaker System Z323 with Sub Woofer
This is another one of those big stereo sound systems that we all love to have and it promises to deliver a rich sound. However, there have been reviews saying that at half volume you can begin to discern some distortion.
When it comes to delivering sound, it can fill a small sized room with a rich bass that is adequate for the house. This makes it very convenient for entertainment use.
- The subwoofer, though small, can pack a punch
- There are two 3.5mm jacks that allow for output and input functions
- The system is built simply to allow for quick connection to the PC
- The sound distortion at high volume can be annoying.
8. Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Powerful Sound with Enhanced Bass
This is a portable speaker that holds enough charge to power it for 20 hours of use. It has enhanced bass and can be compatible with pretty much any device that has Bluetooth. It has a surprisingly clear sound considering it so small.
This little speaker can be carried easily anywhere and that is the beauty of making things smaller and powerful. This little speaker here is easy to use. Just turn on your device Bluetooth and hook them up.
- This one makes the smart life easier than usual
- The portability of this one makes it ideal for outdoor experiences
- The charge holding capacity is awesome, 20 hours is not a joke
- It is compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices.
- There is the 18 month warranty and a lifetime tech support
- If you are looking for earth-shattering, earthquake inducing sound, this baby is not for you
9. Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System
This one is best known for offering stunning sound that will make your room a theatre. However, they are a bit cumbersome due to their design and outer body shape. However, they offer great sound and the design is what makes them durable.
The design may be cumbersome but it’s the reason why they sound so great. This makes them a must have if you need to have a well projected bass. However, as you increase the volume, they begin to get chirpy and they reveal a weakness that they can’t handle high volumes.
- At normal volume, they deliver rich quality sound that makes the experience great
- When you think entertainment, these are the ones to go for because they deliver DVD sounds so well
- The bass response is high enough to make you happy
- They have a design that says futuristic
- At high volumes, the sound cracks a bit making them a bit not very desirable.
10. Mackie CR Series CR3-3” Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors
If you are an audio enthusiast, these may not be for you. But if you are using them for mild entertainment like podcasting or soft sounds that make for great listening, then you are looking at the right speaker.
This one may not be the one that makes for great music listening but you can be assured that they really take the cake on the matter of size, power consumption and clear sound.
- They have a simple interface and controls that make it easy to use
- They have all wood enclosures that ensure they have a high frequency of sound
- They are great for their size
- If you are looking for ultimate music experience, these may not be for you.
That dear speaker buyer was the comprehensive guide to the buying of good quality speakers that are considered best budget. I compared the prices and came up with the best quality of them all.
It wasn’t just about the money but the money in relation to quality and sound delivery. That way, you get it cheap, powerful and best. So, take your pick and wait…do I hear applause. Thank you, you’re welcome.