Looking for the best budget camera to capture amazing photos and videos? Memories are worth a lot. Yes we can preserve them in our minds and keep sharing with friends and family as experience when chatting.
But would it be better if they were in form of photos and videos?
This is quite an amazing idea and it allows you to preserve different experiences for later viewing. The best budget camera is not only affordable in terms of price, it features an ergonomic design, travel pouch, best image processor, high quality CMOS sensor, LCD display and strap for better handling.
That’s not all:
The camera has a wide range of accessories that help to extend its functionality finally improving your experience.
Best budget camera
Here are 10 budget cameras that will allow you to capture high quality images and videos with ease.
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera
The Instax mini 8 comes in a compact design making it easy to handle when taking pictures. It is also designed to be easy to use. All you need is to press the button besides the lens to power it on, adjust the dial, hold the camera steady and shoot. Your picture will be printed immediately. The camera is engineered to signal the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED allowing the gadget to capture perfect photos every time. It comes with a newly improved viewfinder allowing you to correctly locate the subjects. Furthermore, it improves on clarity and visibility. The new high key mode allows you to take brighter pictures with a soft look. These are perfect for portraits.
- Product dimensions 3 by 5 by 5.5 inches
- Item weighs 10.9 ounces
- Minimal focal length 6mm
- Pink in color
- Manual switching system
- Slimmer and lighter body
- Improved viewfinder
- High key mode for brighter pictures
- Instant picture print
- Easy to operate
- Film has to be purchased separately
- Generates a revving sound
2. Nikon COOLPIX S33 Waterproof Digital Camera (White)
The camera is designed with a solid construction allowing it to withstand anything you throw at it. It is fabricated with waterproof and shockproof materials. It is also freeze proof making it ideal for the beach, pool, skiing and amusement parks.
The oversized buttons make it easy to reach and control. Together with the easy menus, everyone can use the camera without the need of studying a lot of instructions. As a nonstop family fun camera, you can create slideshows of your experience outdoors and indoors too. You can record HD movies with stereo sound allowing you to enjoy them for years to come. Add fun effects to make it more enjoyable.
- 13.2 MP sensor
- 3x wide angle glass zoom lens
- Oversized buttons
- Display size 2.7 inches
- Item weighs 5.8 ounces
- Creates truly exceptional photos
- Records HD movies
- Connects to HDTV via HDMI cable
- Oversized buttons and easy to use menus
- Allows addition of effects
- Does not come with a memory card
- No travel pouch
3. Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm Film SLR Camera Kit
As an affordable and lightweight camera, it features an automatic 35 mm SLR perfect for both novice and seasoned photographers. It comes with special modes perfect for specific shooting situations. Some of the modes include full auto, manual, night scene, portrait, landscape and much more. The LCD panel provides extensive information useful for customizing the effects of a picture. More settings are available to allow you to take photos creatively without the need of investing in expensive equipment. It is smartly designed and attractive to look at.
- Product dimensions 9.1 by 7.7 by 7.5 inches
- 1.6 pounds
- LCD display
- 28-80 mm lens
- 7 point autofocus system
- Perfect for novice and professional photographers
- LCD panel acts as a guide
- Has a retractable built-in flash
- No instruction manual
4. Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Essential E2 12MP Trail Camera
It features time lapse technology that automatically snaps images at preset intervals of between a minute to an hour. It comes with two time slots allowing you to monitor dusk and dawn movement. Since it’s triggered by game, the camera is designed to offer the widest viewing area. The live trigger feature helps to capture images of anything that walks by. As the best budget camera, it is engineered with hyper night vision. The technology allows the sharpest after dark imagery. The adjustable settings make it easy to capture one to three pictures per trigger. The data stamp is a feature that allows the camera to automatically stamp every image with a date, temperature and moon phase.
- 0.3 trigger speed
- 32 low glow LEDs
- 12MP full color resolution
- Day night auto sensor
- Item weighs 8.6 ounces
- Runs for a year on a single set of batteries
- SD card slot for expanded storage
- PIR sensor is motion activated
- Multi image mode
- Unique design
- Does not work with rechargeable batteries
- Does not come with an SD card
5. Nikon Coolpix L340 20.2 MP Digital Camera with 28x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)
It is engineered with a 20.2 MP CCD sensor. This allows you to capture bright and sharp photos both day and night. The sensor enables you to record HD videos for watching later. The videos can be recorded with sound bringing your memories to life. It uses 4 AA alkaline batteries which eliminates the need of recharging the camera. A camera strap is available for better and easier handling when shooting or carrying around.
- Black in color
- 3 inches display size
- Memory storage capacity of 74 MB
- Optical sensor resolution of 20.2 MP
- Item weighs 15 ounces
- 20.2 MP CCD sensor for bright and sharp photos
- Records HD videos and sound
- Camera strap for handling
- Allows storage expansion with SD card
- Cool design
- Alkaline batteries get depleted making expensive to keep buying
- No travel pouch
6. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70 16.1 MP Digital Camera
You don’t have to miss out on any action in your life thanks to the compact digital camera with 20 mm wide angle lens. It comes with a 3 inch LCD display that allows you to preview photos before saving. You can record HD videos at a resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels with audio thanks to the amazing wind shielded microphone. It features an easy to use control that allows you to shoot photos and take videos simultaneously. It has a 60x optical zoom feature that generates stunning and versatile landscapes and other scenes. You can extend the zoom ratio up to 120X while maintaining superior picture quality.
- 16MP High sensitivity MOS sensor
- Intelligent Auto
- LCD display 3inch
- Item weighs 1.34 pounds
- 1920 by 1080 video resolution
- Creative panoramic function for panoramic images
- HD video capture
- Stunning high resolution photos
- Works with premium accessories to extend functionality
- Compact design
- No free travel pouch
- Accessories are expensive
7. Canon Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera
The Canon Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera features an 8 MP CMOS sensor that allows you to capture stunning images during your travel. The sensor adds resolution, speed and creative control allowing you to achieve sharp and bright images without straining. It has a compact design that offers enhanced comfort in the hand during use. It is lightweight too. Thanks to the ergonomic design and technology, the easy to use digital camera works with EF lenses to extend functionality. It is powered by a Lithium ion battery.
- 8 MP CMOS sensor
- 18-55 zoom lens
- DIGIC II Image processors
- Lithium ion rechargeable battery
- Item weighs 1.1 pounds
- Compact design
- Fast startup time
- Powered by rechargeable battery
- While it’s ergonomic in design, it’s not well balanced
- Documentation may be misleading
8. NetGear Arlo Pro Security System with Siren – 2 Rechargeable Wire-Free HD Cameras with Audio, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision
If you are looking for the best budget camera for your home security system, then you best select the NetGear Arlo Pro Security System with Siren. It comes with 2 way audio thanks to the built-in speaker and mic. It enables push and talk allowing you to listen and talk back. The unit is powered by rechargeable batteries that support fast charging. You can swap the batteries and power up the unit in seconds without the camera going offline. You can have access to free cloud storage allowing you to store more footage. As the home owner, you can live stream videos from any location around the world. As a wire free camera kit, it’s free of power cords eliminating any wiring hassles. This allows you to easily install the cameras where you want and at any angle.
- Wireless connectivity
- 2 way audio
- Rechargeable batteries
- Item weighs
- Wire free connectivity
- 2 way audio allows push talk features
- Powered by rechargeable batteries
- Comes with two cameras
- Night vision cable
- Cloud storage is allowed for 7 days only
9. Canon SX530 HS 9779B001 PowerShot
It has a compact and ergonomic design allowing you to easily handle and control the camera. It features the Intelligent IS and Zoom framing assist designed to let you track your subject easily. It also allows you to capture your object of desire with focus and clarity. The best budget camera is equipped with sophisticated wireless connectivity enabling sharing of photos and videos with friends to be easier. You can record full HD videos especially in low light situations thanks to the 16 MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC image processor. The Canon SX530 HS 9779B001 PowerShot has a 3 inch high resolution LCD screen allowing you to frame and review your shots with ease.
- Powerful 50x optical zoom
- 16 MP high sensitivity CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4 Image processor
- 3 inch LCD display
- Item weighs 15.5 ounces
- Clear viewing and easy shooting
- Full HD video recording
- Capture photos and videos with advanced technologies
- Ergonomic and compact design
- Built-in WiFi and NFC technologies
- You have to purchase a memory card
- You have to spend extra for a travel pouch
10. Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera
It comes with a versatile set of imaging accessories that extend the functionality of the camera. As a compact and sleek DSLR camera, it comes with an 18MP CMOS sensor. It allows you to capture high quality images with clarity. When combined with the DIGIC image processor, you will have rich images with reduced noise. It works well in low and difficult working conditions allowing you to capture stunning images for increased accuracy and focusing speed thanks to the 9 point AF system. The contrast detection focusing system offers refined autofocus. This is great if you are shooting movies. It comes with a 3 inch display that allows you to preview an image before saving.
- 18MP CMOS sensor
- Optical zoom 3x
- Optical viewfinder
- Product dimensions 8 by 13.3 by 22.7 inches
- Item weighs 9.45 pounds
- Cleaning kit available
- Quality tripod for stability
- SD card for storage
- 18MP CMOS sensor for stunning images and videos
- 9 point AF system for increased accuracy
- No extra battery
If you are on a budget then it’s wise to shop for the best budget camera. Not only is it perfect for amateurs but for regular users too on vacation or road trip.
When buying one, you need to consider features like design, weight, MP, type of battery, travel pouch, price and accessories. Yes smartphones may have better cameras and more storage than majority of budget models but what they don’t have is a better image processing engine with more effects.
I highly recommend the products reviewed above.