The people who are in the market for new speakers might be asking themselves the following question: is it possible to find budget bookshelf speakers that are still going to deliver a great performance? The answer is that the best budget bookshelf speakers really are capable of giving people the best of both worlds, even if they don't realize it at first. Many of the best budget bookshelf speakers are very small, and yet they will still be able to create a very powerful sound at the same time. Their small size might just be considered another huge advantage for the people who are interested in space-saving designs. With all of the different options for the best budget bookshelf speakers today, it should be easy for people to find something that is going to work for them in all ways.
Best budget bookshelf speakers
1. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 6.9 x 9.4 x 5.7 inches
- Remote control
- 10.8 pounds
- There are lots of different inputs for these speakers.
- In terms of size, the speakers are not so small that they will seem fragile, but they are also fairly compact and easy to use and to store.
- Most customers should really love the sound quality of these speakers.
- Setting up this speaker set should be really easy for a lot of people.
- Most customers should really love the design of this speaker set.
- These speakers should last customers for a very long time. They should not easily break in the wake of accidents.
- They could be used as television or home theater speakers, which should make them really versatile in general.
- The speakers are really light and easy to carry.
- Vinyl fans will love these speakers.
- The front plate is detachable as needed.
- Some people might hear some loud popping noises with this speaker set.
- Adjusting the sound quality with these speakers might produce mixed results.
2. Micca MB42 Bookshelf Speakers With 4-Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer and Silk Dome Tweeter (Black, Pair)
- 9.5 x 5.8 x 6.5 inches
- 60Hz-20kHz frequency response
- 0.04 ounces
- These shockingly small speakers are remarkably light and very easy for people to carry.
- Despite their diminutive size, these are speakers that are capable of producing a powerful sound.
- These are speakers that should last people for years without any problems or a loss in quality.
- The bass for these speakers is very small, especially considering their size.
- These speakers have a design that a lot of people will consider stylish.
- The overall sound stage is really effective.
- The middle and high tones should come through with stunning clarity.
- Some customers might feel that these speakers won't work well enough without a subwoofer.
- Many other speakers will have a much broader range than these.
- Setting up these speakers might be annoying for some people who aren't used to it.
3. Micca COVO-S Compact 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
- 5.1 x 4.2 x 5.1 inches
- Two pounds
- These speakers are very small and light, and yet they are still capable of producing very impressive sounds.
- There is minimal distortion with these speakers, even at some of the highest volume levels.
- These speakers should be compatible with many different surround sound systems.
- The sound clarity that the speakers can produce is very high-quality.
- The technology for these speakers is very advanced and up-to-date.
- For the most part, these are speakers that will perform well enough at a low voltage that they won't need an especially high voltage level.
- The speakers can't handle wattage at especially high levels.
- It takes a small subwoofer to get the speakers to a point where they can actually fill a room that isn't small.
- There is no built-in amplifier with these speakers.
4. Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers With 4-Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer and Silk Dome Tweeter (Black, Pair)
- 9.5 x 5.8 x 6.5 inches
- 75 Watts
- The matte black vinyl enclosure is very effective.
- The bass for the speakers is very high quality.
- The speakers produce excellent and enviable highs and mids as well as bass sounds.
- The speakers have a great build that should allow them to last for a long time.
- Most people should be satisfied with the spectrum and the range of the sound that these speakers can produce.
- While these are small speakers, they are capable of offering a performance that is more impressive than many people would think.
- The speakers will need an amplifier.
- Getting the front magnetic cover to stay might be a problem.
5. Mackie CR Series CR3 - 3" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Pair)
- Six pounds
- 15.3 x 8.5 x 11.5 inches
- 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- In terms of the design specifications, these are the sorts of speakers that people would expect to find in a professional recording label.
- Customers will have a comparatively easy time actually adjusting the volume for these speakers.
- These speakers can be used easily with a subwoofer.
- The highs and mids for these speakers are remarkably high in quality and will truly deliver in most cases.
- These are speakers that should work particularly well for most small rooms, and they could be amplified successfully to work for the larger rooms.
- No one is going to need a speaker stand with fairly small speakers like these.
- While these speakers are small, the sound quality is much better than people can usually expect with many of the small speakers on the market.
- The frequency range for these speakers is relatively broad, especially considering the size of them.
- In many cases, people will need a subwoofer in order to get these speakers to reach a certain point in their performance.
- These speakers might not be the most durable speakers that people will find on the market.
- The bass tones of the speakers are not as good as the highs or the mids.
6. Dayton Audio B652-AIR 6-1/2" Bookshelf Speaker Pair with AMT Tweeter
- 6-1/2" woofer
- 8.1 x 13.5 x 11.7 inches
- 10.96 pounds
- The speakers should work fairly well when it comes to filling the smaller or medium sized rooms of a given house.
- The highs are very clear, and the mids are high-quality as well.
- These are small and light speakers, but they are not so light that they're going to fall over easily and they should not feel flimsy in many cases.
- An equalizer can easily help improve the sound quality for these speakers in general, so people should be able to adjust the quality if necessary.
- At a low volume, these speakers will sound especially high-quality.
- These speakers will generally not be able to satisfy the majority of professionals in most cases.
- These are not speakers that are capable of really filling the largest rooms today.
7. Micca PB42X Powered Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
- 5.8 x 6.5 x 9.5 inches
- Four pounds
- These are some of the most reliable speakers that people are going to find anywhere.
- The sound quality for the speakers is right on target and should stay that way throughout the full range of the sounds that the speakers can produce.
- The power switch on the back of the speakers should be very easy for most people to find, which helps to compensate for the lack of 'standby' mode.
- These speakers have a very attractive and appealing design that a lot of people will really like and that should go with most people's ideas for interior design.
- The speakers should work well for the people who are trying to fill a small room with enough sound.
- The woofer size is very good in general.
- Vocals should have plenty of clarity for the people who plan on playing a lot of music and other recordings of that nature.
- There is no standby mode for the speakers, which might be a problem for the people who are trying to use the speakers for a long period of time.
- These speakers might not last people as long as they would like, especially if they use them frequently.
- People might hear a buzzing noise occasionally when using these speakers.
8. Fluance SX6W High Definition Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeakers - Natural Walnut
- 9.1 x 13.5 x 8.3 inches
- 23.2 pounds
- Many people should really love the natural walnut look associated with the speakers.
- These speakers should be able to last a lot longer than many of the similar speakers on the market today.
- These speakers should manage to produce a very strong and powerful sound, satisfying most customers in the process.
- The clarity of the sounds that people can produce with these speakers is excellent.
- The highs and mids for these speakers are really excellent and should work well for most customers and their needs.
- The tweeter for the speakers is very effective.
- The bass sounds that people can get from these speakers are not ideal.
- These speakers are heavier than some of the other speakers in this product range, which might be a problem for the people who plan on carrying them around frequently.
9. BIC America DV62si Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Black)
- 23.5 x 12.4 x 17.5 inches
- 27.8 pounds
- Many people will love the finish for these speakers, since it is very high-quality and shiny.
- The sound quality for these speakers is high overall, and people can expect a really rich and full sound with them.
- The grills for the speakers are really high-quality.
- The sound insulation for these speakers is much more substantial than people will usually find with a good portion of the other speakers on the market.
- The sounds should all be very clearly defined and very accurate, allowing people to appreciate music in a whole new way in most cases.
- There aren't a lot of distortion or clipping issues with these speakers, which is often the case.
- Some people might think that these speakers are too large, especially in comparison to a good portion of the other similar speakers that are on the market today.
- Some people might find that the tweeter will come loose because of some weaker design elements.
10. Sound Appeal 6.5-Inch Bookshelf Speakers
- Six pounds
- 7.75 x 7.5 x 12 inches
- 80 watts RMS/channel
- 45Hz to 20Khz
- These speakers have a really excellent build.
- Customers can expect to get a really great sound quality with speakers like these, especially if they are fine with really small packages for their speakers and for the sounds in general.
- Even at very high volume levels, people should usually not experience a great deal of sound distortion.
- People can usually expect sound clarity with a wide range of different sound levels using these speakers.
- These speakers should be really easy for people to carry around with them, given their light weight.
- Some people might find the design of these speakers to be really boring, especially compared to some of the other speakers on the market today.
- The speakers might not be able to produce the bass sounds that a lot of people really want.
The best budget bookshelf speakers are out there. People will have to decide on their priorities. Some people will care more about the price than anything else, and they will certainly be able to put up with a few flaws from speakers like this if they can get a set of speakers that is extremely low in cost. Other people don't mind buying speakers that are on the more expensive end of the spectrum if it means that they are going to be able to get a slightly better set of speakers. However, it should be noted that the speakers in this price range truly demonstrate that people do not actually really need to spend a lot of money in order to get high-quality speakers in general. This all tends to make the decision-making process easier for a lot of people.